Friday, November 30, 2007

Life in the City

As a Freshman I had no idea of what to expect from college. The same questions kept rolling back and forth in my head. Would I have a lot of work? Would I like my roommate? Would college be as much fun as it appears to be in films and on television? What exactly would college be like? Well, now that my first semester as a college student is almost complete, I can finally define exactly what college is. To me, James Madison University is a city full of 18 to 21 year olds. Within this city we have our jobs, which is to go to class and try and do well. Every now and then we take a personal day, but overall we go to our job as much as possible. When we are not at work, we have lots of different places we can go and hang out with our coworkers. We have the theater, we have hundreds of different groups and organizations, and we have the gym. Also within our city, we have lots of different places to eat. Each citizen has their favorite restaurant and their least favorite restaurant. Finally, we have the last component of our city, our apartments, which are more regularly referred to as dorms. Each citizen has their part to play within the city, and if someone does not play their part, it could lead to complete chaos. I guess what I’m trying to say is that college, unlike high school, is really preparing you for the real world. We enter college, and by doing so we are entering ourselves into the City of James Madison University.

2 comments:

Ember said...

What if I dont like the Virginia Commonwealth type of living?

Anonymous said...

You write very well.