Saturday, November 1, 2008

Time

The other day someone asked me what time was. I thought, "Time is always racing towards us," "Never ending," and "never late." Since they asked me that question, I have begun to think about my life corresponding with time. I realized that my life is going by so fast. It feels like yesterday I was a senior in High School, having an awesome year with my amazing friends, and that I had my life all figured out. Now I'm a sophomore in college, far away from those amazing friends, but with new amazing friends none-the-less, and I don't have everything figured out. I think that it's best that way some how. If my life was figured out it would be so boring, with no surprises. I just wish that it would slow down, and that deadlines would become more sparse. They play a big part in making time fly. If only weekends could last forever. If only now could last forever. I'm not afraid to get old, youth is internal, I just don't want more responsibility. I want to always think positive and have hope for a brighter future. Now, right now, anything feels possible. I will be a successful journalist. I will create a successful television show. I will do great things. As time passes we lose that hope. That hope of all things being possible, and that if we truly believe in it we can do it. thats why I'm taking it slow. That's why I'm going to take it all in. Thats why I'm not going to let it pass, but instead I'm going to enjoy time, while it's still in reach. This is my time.

No comments: