Sunday, March 16, 2008

Writing

So in my SMAD meeting the other night, I was strongly encouraged to create a blog and write in it often to keep my writing fresh. Little did he know that I already had my own blog and did write in it often, but I began to wonder what it meant to keep your writing fresh? According to dictionary.com fresh means retaining the original properties unimpaired. According to me, keeping your writing fresh means to continuing to be able to create with your writing. To draw, to show a new place, to introduce a new person as if they were standing right in front of you-having these abilities is continuing to keep writing fresh. Writing is kind of like an airplane, it can take you anywhere without going anywhere. Writing is a powerful tool. It can bring smiles, it can create tears, it bring Epiphanies. Writing created the world, it brought meaning and still brings meaning to everything on earth. It is something so simple that does so much. Writing, in my opinion is the greatest tool on Earth, and luckily for me, I'll be able to use the greatest tool for the rest of my days. Writing is life.

2 comments:

Joshua Brooking said...

"Writing created the world"... i thought your god created the world matthew... shun the non believer!!!

Ember said...

singing is pretty nice. i think. although, someone had to WRITE the lyrics ;o)