Wednesday, January 23, 2008

Brand New Everyday

Wake up. Roll over. Sleep. The alarm goes off and I smack the snooze. I fall back into a dream I was having about drinking Bourbon at my house why my dad is home. A lot if people are sitting in the living room drinking tea except for one person who has a clear plastic cup of bourbon. My dad enters the living room from my parents bedroom. He sees all of the cups and notices the one with the darker liquid. He makes a joke about how that doesn't look like tea, and then moves on to the kitchen. Wake up. Roll over. I wonder if my dream is a sign of things to come. The alarm goes off and This time I know I have to get up. I roll out of bed and try to figure out what day it is. I realize I have my gym class so I put on sweat pants and a t-shirt, grab a water, and head out the door. As I walk to my class I look at the frozen lake and wonder if the ice would break if i tried to stand on it....After class i go to the gym, like i do every Monday, Wednesday, and Friday....After the gym I grab a salad to go from Mrs. Greens and head back to my dorm to eat, shower, and do some work. I check my facebook, talk online, try and call Ember, and eventually I eat, shower, and do some work. I begin to think about routines. I like having a routine because every day when I wake up I know where I'm going and what I'm going to do. But does a routine mean that my life is less boring. Is it better to live a life of uncertainty, and to always have lots of surprises? While thinking all of this through it hit me. NO! It's not better, it's worse. Although I have a routine it is different everyday. Everyday i meet someone new, I do something different, and I say different things. I think it is impossible to not have a routine, because isn't not having a routine, just having a routine with the mindset that you don't have a routine. Which brings me to this conclusion. My life is not boring, it's interesting, it's exciting, it's brand new everyday.

1 comment:

Ember said...

im glad trying to call ember is part of your daily rituals.

you just never know, will she pick up or wont she? its like living on the edge, right? hahahah