Tuesday, March 23, 2010

Wrong? Definitely Not

So I'm marking my big 2010 blogger return with a bit of vengeance. The other day someone told me that I was wrong and I just didn't want to admit it. This of course, kinda pissed me off and filled me with questions. How do they know that I secretly think that I'm wrong? Can they read minds? Do they have a secret device that allows them to read minds? When have ever not freely shared my opinion or admitted when I'm wrong? I know it sucks being wrong, but I have no problem admitting it, however in this particular case I'm not wrong. I've always believed that everyone can have their own opinion and that people should shares those opinions and have a dialogue expressing their views. However telling someone they are wrong, without giving any reasons isn't sharing a view, it's an attack. It's a form of bullying and it's a sad try to get a rise and response out of someone. It's not trying to begin a smart conversation about opposing views. However, since becoming a young adult, I've become less and less surprised at finding so many toddlers pretending to be grown ups.

No comments: