Wednesday, March 24, 2010

Regrettable

I use to believe in no regrets. The past was the past and the future was right around the corner. The past was back in some alley I would never walk through again. Well lately, I've been walking through those alleys, seeing things that I missed during that first time through. Learning about myself and the person that I've become. I've been through a lot of dark alleys, but luckily for me a lot of very bright alleys. I've met so many people in the streets of my life. Some bad, more good. People are what I live for. Meeting them, talking to them, knowing them. I find comfort in others, peace in others, life. Not everyone I've met has brought me those things. Some have brought me pain, anger and tears. Some have left me feeling alone and forgotten, but one thing I've learned while revisiting my past avenues, is that I'm never alone. I'm never without comfort and peace. Whether it's from the smile of the woman at the checkout counter or the voice of a friend singing her favorite song. People can get you down. Way down. But more importantly, they can pick you up. They can hold you and love you. If you go back and look over the ditches you've fallen in that align the roads of life, it was people who pulled you out. Who pushed you forward. Who got you around that sharp curve. I want to thank those people, and I regret not thanking you before.

1 comment:

Ember said...

I once lost my purse in an alley.